How to Resize Large Image Files
You must shrink the images before uploading. To shrink them, Follow These Instructions. Then upload them above. If you cannot get it to work, remove the text from the image fields above so that the fields are blank, Submit your property information, and then email the pictures to Your Account Manager, and we will upload them for you. But it will take up to 48 hours for us to do so.
If your photo is over 10 MB, you will need to resize the photo before uploading it to the system. To correct this, do the following:
- First, make sure you are uploading a JPG format image.
- Resize the photos to a size under 1900 pixes wide (ie: 1900×1280). You can do this with your favorite photo editing software, or if you do not have one, then: Download a FREE photo resizer here.
- If you have resized your photo using your own software, skip to step 12, otherwise if you are using the free photo resizing software, continue reading the following instructions.
- Download, unzip, then install the photo resizing software to your computer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for installation.
- Once installed, open the software, usually under ‘ Start Menu > Programs > PixResizer’
- Once you have the program opened, click on “Load Picture”.
- Select a size where one of the numbers (usually the first number) is closest to 1000.
- Make sure JPEG is the selected format.
- Click Save Picture.
- Select a location to save it, such as your desktop and give it a name.
- Once you have resized and saved the photo, then return to your control panel or listing.
- Click Add/Edit Photos.
- On the same page, click on Add More Photos.
- Use the Browse button to find the image on your computer.
- Click Next Step.
- The new photo should be uploaded and resized.
When uploading photos, your images may sometimes appear to upload “sideways”. Our system does not rotate images during the upload process. The reason your photo would appear this way is because the photo was taken vertically and the image file itself is in this orientation.
For example, if you hold the phone upright and take a photo, so the photo is vertical or portrait, then the actual image file is technically horizontal, as all photos are “sideways”, (think of a 4×6 photo coming out of the printer), you would need to turn the photo right side up to view it vertically. This is the same with a digital photo. When you view on a computer, or upload, you may see the image sideways. If so, then would then need to rotate the image using your photo viewing or editing software.
After the image is rotated, then you can upload it and it will appear correctly. This may vary based on your computer software, browser and/or camera.
See this link for more details:
Step 1: Download Photo Resize Magic 1.1
- Go to http://download.cnet.com/Photo-Resize-Magic/3000-2192_4-75613.html
- Click “Download Now”
- Click “Open”
- Click “setup”
- Click “Run”
- Click “Next”
- Check the destination folder and click “Next”
- Click “Install”
- Keep the box checked to Create a Desktop Icon and click “Next”
- Click “Finish”
The box displayed will be what you see when you open Photo Resize Magic 1.1
Step 2: Resize a picture using Photo Resize Magic 1.1
- Create a new folder on your desktop for pictures of your properties. Always save them to this folder if you plan on posting them on Investor Bargains™. To create a folder on the desktop go to the desktop and right click in an open space. Click “New” and then when the menu opens select “Folder”. Name the folder and you’re done.
- Save your picture to the folder on your desktop
- Open Photo Resize Magic 1.1
- Next to Size select 640*480 from the drop down
- Click “…” next to Source Folder
- Select the folder from your desktop where the pictures are saved and click “OK”
- Check the box “Target = Source”
- Click “Start”
- You will receive a message “OK! Process successfully finished.” Click “OK” and close the program. You can now upload your pictures to Investor Bargains™